Nature in Linz
How much nature is there in a city like Linz? Just find out and improve your botanical and zoological knowledge!
The Botanical Garden with its beautiful flowers is worth a visit at any season.
The nostalgic Pöstlingberg railway takes you up to the Pöstlingberg hilltop. Enjoy a striking view over Linz and make a stop at the zoo or let the Grottenbahn take you to the world of dwarfs and fairytales.
You will go on a hiking tour through the meadows of the rivers Traun and Danube and you will find real wilderness. A third of all plant species from Greater Linz and many endangered animal species like the beaver, the kingfisher and rare frog species live in those floodplains.
Back to civilisation you will attend the highlight tour in the Ars Electronica Center - the Museum of the future.
You will visit the Schlossmuseum and have a tour through the exhibition "Nature in Upper Austria". You will find out that most of Upper Austria was once covered with water and you will see the strange animals that lived here in ancient times.
- 2 nights in a more bedded room with shower and toilet
- fullboard with a free softdrink for lunch and dinner
- guided tour through Linz and in the Botanical Garden
- guided tour at Ars Electronica Center and Schlossmuseum
- guided tour through the meadows of the rivers Traun and Danube
- ascent and descent to Pöstlingberg by railway
- prices 2024 pupil: 141 Euro, teacher: 107 Euro
- public transport not included
- local taxes appr. 4,80 for teachers
- prices and programme are subject to change